It’s important to keep the following in mind to properly develop a website:
- Make it Responsive — most of us visit websites on our phones or tablets; this is why it’s important that your website has a Responsive design across all devices and screen sizes. The content dynamically reflows and refits itself to fit the screen size of your visitor’s device.
- Use Your Brand’s Unique Voice — your brand’s voice should be an honest representation your brand. Know your brand at its core, your goals, and your audience.
- Make it Secure — there’s no point in doing all the work to create a beautiful website if it can be hacked or compromised.
- Address Search Engine Optimization (SEO) — increase the quantity and quality of traffic to your website by properly utilizing SEO.
- Keep Your Website Maintained — run platform and plugin updates regularly to ensure the best possible user experience.
- Update with Fresh Content — keep your users engaged and up-to-date! Showcase all you have to offer with new content, ideas, projects, and products.
Tackling this on your own may be too much for your in-house team, so bringing in an agency (like LDM!) to do the heavy lifting is ideal.